District 4 Supervisor Susan Ellenberg currently serves as Chair of the Public Safety and Justice Committee and Vice-Chair of the Children, Seniors and Families Committee. Calendars with scheduled committee meetings, agendas for the meetings, as well as video are available at the links below.
This committee is responsible for oversight of the criminal justice system. A key area of focus is preserving the non-custodial treatment options brought about by the implementation of the voter-approved referendum mandating drug treatment instead of incarceration for non-violent drug crimes. Another key areas is the statutory relationship between the Department of Correction and the Office of the Sheriff. This committee also provides a venue for discussion of matters related to the court system. This committee reviews budget recommendations relating to the Criminal justice departments including the Office of the District Attorney, Office of the Public Defender, Office of the Sheriff, Probation Department, Department of Correction, Pretrial Services, Medical Examiner-Coroner.
Children, Seniors and Families Committee, Vice Chair
This committee is focused on a wide variety of issues in the areas of social services and child support services. In addition, the committee reviews the budgets for the County Social Services Agency, In-Home Supportive Services and the Department of Child Support Services.
She also serves on the following:
- Association of Bay Area Governments, Executive Board – Alternate; Executive Committee Member
California State Association of Counties, Board of Directors – Delegate
- County Library District Joint Powers Authority – Alternate
- First 5 Santa Clara County – Delegate; Commission Chairperson
- Joint Committee on Child Care – Delegate
- Joint Venture Silicon Valley – Board Member
- Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council – Delegate
- Local Agency Formation Commission – Delegate; Commission Chairperson
- National Association of Counties – Delegate
- Santa Clara County Emergency Operational Area Council – Alternate
- Santa Clara County Youth Task Force – Liaison
- Silicon Valley Clean Energy Authority – Delegate
- Strong Start Leadership Team – Delegate
- Unhoused Task Force – Member
- Urban Counties Caucus – Delegate; Chairperson
- Valley Medical Center Foundation – Liaison
- VTA El Camino Real Policy Advisory Board – Delegate
- VTA Vasona Light Rail Policy Advisory Board – Delegate